More +

Moving to Charlotte

If you currently have a Housing Choice (Section 8) Voucher in another city or another state and you are planning to move to Charlotte, NC, here is what you need to know about bringing your rental subsidy with you, a process known as "porting" your voucher.

Click here then scroll to the bottom of the page to read the eight steps to portability or voucher transfer.  

You can also call our Portability Hotline:  704-336-8271.

The porting process can take several weeks.

Please tell your current worker that CHA is currently billing not absorbing vouchers.



You will be assigned to a CHA worker as soon as we have received a completed packet from your current housing authority & you have attended your initial briefing with CHA.  

Related Downloads

HCV Payment Standards - February 2017


2017 AMI Income Limits


HQS Inspection Checklist


View All

Key Contacts

Portability Hotline

(704) 336-8271

Employee Directory

Join Our Newsletter

Thanks for signing up!